Tuesday, August 28, 2007

HERE WE GO AGAIN!


Sorry I haven't been blogging for a while, but most of you know that we have had a worrying week, and I haven't really felt like posting or commenting much.

To those of you who haven't heard, I'd better let you know that Arthur had the results of his biopsy today, and unfortunately it was positive. We are now embarking on a journey that we pray will have a happy and positive ending. May I take this opportunity to thank all of you, family, friends and people that I don't even know, for your prayers and good wishes. Please keep your prayers going, we really need and appreciate them.


The other upset that we had was Willum our cat going missing. Again thank you all for your concern. When he finally returned home he didn't look happy, so we took him to see Andy his friendly neighbourhood vet. Willum being Willum let Andy roll him around, poke things up his nether regions, prise open his jaws and peer down into mouth and throat. He put him on his back, on his front, hung him up by his tail (only joking Tina) took his temperature and said he couldn't find anything wrong. I knew better, he wasn't eating and didn't look good. As Andy turned his back to enter it all on the computer, Willum made a little noise and started to furiously lick his thigh. Aha! said Andy. Look! slug slime trails up his tail and back! The upshot was that he'd had a bundle with another cat who had bitten his thigh. In an exhausted state willum had zonked out under a bush all night, too tired and aching to come home. Snails and slugs had walked all over him while he was asleep. He gave him a healthy shot of antibiotics (£49 worth!) and now he is as right as rain!


We are busy also emptying cupboards and sorting out the contents into piles. One to keep, one to offer to people who want, and one to give to the charity shop. This is in preparation to the builder coming next Tuesday to start building me a downstairs loo in my utility room. I'm having to lose at least three double wall cupboards to make room, hence to clear out. Expect some hair raising tales when they start. I'm sure I'll have some!


Nice to be back in the circle again. Till next time Adios!





6 comments:

Babs (Beetle) said...

Nice to see you back. I don't think I will have anything to blog about for a little while now.

That's a lovely photo :O)

Poor Willum eh? We do know our pets don't we? Sometimes vets can't see what we see.

Of course we will continue to pray for you both :O)

Gary said...

From what I hear you and Arthur are coping well. That's all I ever pray for myself (and now you) that we can cope with what is thrown at us with a smile on our face. It has such an enormous effect on those around us if we can keep smiling. Not always easy I know. :0)

I didn't know about poor Willum! I knew of course that he went missing, but I didn't know he was poorly. Don't pets worry you half to death sometimes?

At last, a downstairs loo! What absolute bliss. I still can't believe my own good fortune for having a second loo. It will change your life, I kid you not!!!

weechuff said...

Oh! Poor Willum! Fancy lying there in such a state that snails and slugs crawled all over him. That made me go all squiffy:0(
I am so glad that he is back to his normal self now.

Croom said...

It is so nice to have you blogging again Leeta. I hope you will soon feel refreshed again.

Poor Willum, poor Toffee and poor pickles (is he better now Sandie?)

Tonight we found three enormous bites on Toffee. They have very large scabs on them. One both side of her neck (just under her ears) the third under her chin. Poor little thing, we were so frightened of her eyes we didn't see them.

Tinaxxx

Croom said...

It is so nice to have you blogging again Leeta. I hope you will soon feel refreshed again.

Poor Willum, poor Toffee and poor pickles (is he better now Sandie?)

Tonight we found three enormous bites on Toffee. They have very large scabs on them. One both side of her neck (just under her ears) the third under her chin. Poor little thing, we were so frightened of her eyes we didn't see them.

Tinaxxx

Jeanette Spain said...

Nice to have you back Leeta, I am sorry about Arthur, but stay positive and strong, they can do so much these days.
Poor Willum hope he's ok now.
I hate doing cupboards out it seems hard work that does not look as if it's going to be a long job.
Jeanette Spain