Thursday, September 06, 2007

THINGS ARE LOOKING BETTER

Went to see the doctor today because of my high BP. He took it again and said it was a bit high, but not enough to change my medication and to look at it again in three months, So I'm not about to have a stroke!
My blood test that I had done yesterday was back, and it was 6. I asked him what that meant and he said it meant very good, in fact he would say it meant excellent! So whatever I'm doing diabetic wise, I seem to be doing well!
He looked at my cholesterol which was reading 3! So my arteries don't seem to be in danger of closing down!
I told him that I am having great difficulty in keeping awake, even at eight in the evening. He said unfortunately, that was a side effect of my BP tablets! So I don't appear to be harbouring any undesirables at this point!
All in all not a bad trip out, but more to come. While waiting for the cab home, I rushed into the factory shop to get some more of those plastic crate things, and they were almost sold out. I bought five more packs which should see the job through So a VERY GOOD TRIP OUT.
Tomorrow is the only day this week (well since last Saturday actually) that I haven't had something booked for, so it will be spent clearing out kitchen cupboards and throwing out stuff that I haven't used in the past year!
Incidentally, talking of throwing out, did you all know that the old post office building is going to open next Thursday as a St Luke's Hospice shop. So that will be a good thing.

4 comments:

weechuff said...

Good news all round! Now I know why I get tired once I sit down in the evening. I didn't realise that my BP tablets were the cause. I really thought it must have been an age thing. What a relief!
We have to go to Stocksbridge tomorrow for Lennies medication and were going to ask about picking up the containers. Job done:0)
Thanks for answering a question that has been bugging us. A Hospice Shop will be nice. Do you mean a full price brand new gift shop, or a second hand type one. A lot of money has been spent on it so I should think it is the real McCoy!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Well things are definitely looking up for you now :O)
Great news!

Gary said...

FANTASTIC NEWS! What fab day for you. :0)

Croom said...

What good news Leeta, it is so nice to recieve good news isn't it?
Tinaxx