Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I meant to leave this earlier today, but have been doing all sorts and didn't have the time. This afternoon was spent with a trip to the doctors, and then on to the CoOp to stock up on a couple ot items that I'd run out of. By the time we'd eaten and I'd messed around with the computer, and watched a bit of TV, I felt really tired. I sat in my recliner and settled down to see a programme about Anne Robinson. I couldn't keep awake, so didn't see a great deal of it! Now I feel wide awake! Arthur is watching a film and I just can't face any more TV, so have decided to catch up on the computer that has been sitting here lonely all night! I had one solitary email waiting for me from Sandie, complaining that I hadn'tcommented on anyone's blogs and when was I going to write one - so here I am, all up to date!

I decided to go through my pile of LPs and brutally set aside all those albums that I would never play again. I must have discarded about thirty that are all in pristine condition but I can't be bothered to put on the turntable. Mind you I have saved about twice that amount that I can't bear to part with, and also won't be bothered to put on the turn table! I was about to send them all to the charity shop, when my daughter Lynne said that LPs are much sought after these days, because they don't make them any more, and there are still die hards who won't play any other sort of music! So now I have this pile of vinyl on the floor in the lounge that a few days ago was neatly filed away . Not much progress there then! Anybody fancy a boot fair?

Willum and his wound are doing very nicely. He's being so good and hasn't once nibbled or scratched at his stitches. One of the perks of having a laid back cat! We go to have the stitches out on Friday. Poor little Emma is failing a little more each day, and is being sick etc. She actually sort of jumped to catch a moth yesterday though. So there's still a little spark in there!

Weather permitting, My son John and his two step sons are coming to repair our roof. I'm praying it won't be wet and windy because I don't know when they will be able to come again.

I have found a rather nasty black monster in my garden shed, so I'm not too keen on going in there at the moment, which is another reason I'm hoping John will come. He knows how terrified I am of them, so will make certain that it, and any others, are carefully and safely removed.

Have planted five bean plants in a grow bag down by the shed and they are doing very well. I'm quite excited. The gardener tells me that the slugs will eat them, but I've bought a slug pub, and I'm hoping they prefer Stella Artoire to bean shoots!

That's all folk!!!!!!

5 comments:

weechuff said...

Leeta's cats are so pretty! Little Emma gets prettier every time I see her. I think it is all the white that is appearing on her little face:0)
Please remind us when we come for weigh in on Monday,and Lennie will happily go into your shed and de-spider it for you if John doesn't have time.
What is a Slug pub for goodness sake?

granny grimble said...

A slug pub is just that. A pub for slugs. The one I have is about 10" x 6" and its about 2" deep. You take the lid off and there are three little wells that you fill with beer. You put the lid back on and place it amongst your plants. Slugs adore beer, so instead of crawling up and eating the plants, they go through one of three little doors and crawl into the wells to get blathered. Instead they get drowned! At least they die happy!

Croom said...

Yes I watched that programme about Anne Robinson. It was very good. She did not hide anything from her childhood abuse with her alcoholic Mum to her own alcoholism, she even joked about her surgery!

What a coincidence Leeta, Dave and I were putting back the beds from when Paul and Kirstie had them pushed together and we came across our pile of LP’s. Dave wanted to put them on the tip; I said that I thought they may be worth something so we saved them. There are two box sets that are as new along with lots of others. We do not even own a player!!

I am glad Willum is doing well from his op. My dogs always tear away any plasters or bandages in seconds :O(

Poor little Emma, it is so sad when we watch our little ones fade like that. Is she in any kind of pain?

I hope John manages to catch that spider Leeta. Weren’t you going to give your new shed a good spider spray every day to keep it spider proof? How long did that last?

I found the slug pub very amusing Leeta, I could not help laughing. I have never heard of them before. Poor little things, fancy drowning in that horrid smell :O (

Croom x

Babs (Beetle) said...

I hope your record collection doesn;t stay around as long as my bloomin' cassette tapes have! It's such a long job and I don't feel like doing any more.

I wanted to grow beans but Mo said they won't grow in our garden - blog to follow. Oh my, pet always bring such sadness but I would never be without them.

Jeanette Spain said...

What a nice long letter, I am so pleased Willum is better and hope he gets on ok at the vets on Friday. How old is Emma.
Hope you enjoy your visit from your son John and his boys.
I have heard of the slug pub as the gardeners around where I lived in Jonesborough used to use it, I laughed when I asked My son-in-law about it, as he is a landscape gardener and he told me the slugs like bear, I could imagine them all drunk and having a rowdy party then dying.
More stories like this Leeta.